Mater degree: 3 years (full time)/4-5years (part time)
Doctoral degree: 3 years (full time)/4-5years (part time)
15 June, 2018
Offer letter & Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) will be sent to applicants who should ensure the correct addresses are provided.
Applicants with offers letter enroll in September 2018. Anyone who comes 2 weeks later than the official enrollment time will be disqualified from the program.
Doctoral program: RMB 33,600/year
Master program: RMB 32,000/year.
B Other fees
Accommodation on campus (at one’s own expenses)
Expenses on food, medical insurance, communication, and etc.
1. Applicants must have non-Chinese passport or other nationality documents which are valid for at least 4 years before the application. Applicants must have lived in that place for at least 9 months (see the entry and departure time of the seal).
2. Applicants must be healthy and well-conducted and be willing to follow Chinese laws, regulations of Chinese government and rules of Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine (GZUCM).
3. Applicants have knowledge of biomedicine or Chinese medicine and are determined to devote themselves to Chinese medicine. Applicants’ academic records and Chinese language capacity should meet the requirements of application.
Applicants for master programs should have undergraduate degree (or other certificate of the same level)
Applicants for doctoral programs should have master degree or 6 years of experience after obtaining undergraduate degree or 2 undergraduate degrees.
4. Applicants must have at least 180 scores in Band Five of New HSK. If applying for Chinese medicine in English or having learned Chinese in any University in China, applicants are not required to provide any HSK score.
1. If applying for master/doctoral programs of clinical medicine (for academic or clinical degrees), the applicant must provide medical education or working certification.
2. If applying for clinical master programs of clinical medicine, oral medicine and Chinese medicine, the applicant must have bachelor’s degree of clinical medicine.
If applying for master programs of nursing, the applicant must have a bachelor’s degree of nursing in China and have passed the national nursing qualification examination or have a nursing license.
If applying for other master programs, the applicant must have a bachelor’s degree of the related specialty.
3. If applying for doctoral programs of clinical medicine, the applicant must:
have practicing medicine license of mainland China;
have master’s degree of medicine which is related to the applied specialty.
Be postgraduate student who expects the degree before the 1 September, 2018.
GZUCM Contact information
Person for contact：Ms. Xi
Foreign student and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan student recruitment and Employment Office
Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, 232 Waihuan Dong Rd,Guangzhou University Town,
Panyu District, Guangzhou, 510006, P.R. China
More information of Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine
Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine (GUCM), established in 1956, is one of the four oldest Chinese Medicine (CM) institutes of higher education in China and a key CM university supervised by State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine of the People’s Republic of China and People’s Government of Guangdong Province. GUCM is in the selected list of universities and colleges which will participate in the country’s construction plan of world-class universities and world-class disciplines.
The current name is designated in 1995 and it is one of the first group of universities to confer Master’s and doctoral degrees. The university consists of the Sanyuanli campus and the University Town campus covering 918，000 sq.m. in total. GUCM has rich teaching resources and strong research ability and enjoys great fame and reputation in CM field home and abroad.
With years of striving, GUCM has steadily accumulated rich traditional Chinese culture, comprehensive study in Chinese Medicine, as well as in-depth and extensive research on Western culture and Modern Medicine, since the development of Chinese Medicine not only demands the mutual learning between Oriental and Western cultures and Chinese and Western Medicine, but also the combination of science and humanities, ancient and modern cultures. Over the past fifty years’ sustained efforts, GUCM has become a modern comprehensive CM higher education institute of research type consisting of 16 colleges and offering 27 undergraduate specialties including medicine, engineering, administration, economics, science, arts and education. Chinese Medicine is designated “world-class” subject. GUCM has 25 National Administration of Chinese Medicine key subjects, 3 Guangdong Province prominent subjects and one national key subject, , 19 doctoral programs, 47 master programs and 3 post-doctoral stations. The doctoral and Master’s programs cover all the first-level subjects of Chinese Medicine Science, Chinese Materia Medica Science and Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine. There are 17,742 on-campus students.
Facing the rapidly developing science and technology, GUCM inherits the outstanding historical heritage, maintains the unique feature and charm of South of Five Ridges, keeps up with the frontier science, improve the strict academic disciplines and ensure the academic and educational fame home and abroad. GUCM is the dream university for students wishing to pursue their brilliant career in Chinese Medicine. The university now has 3,450 postgraduate students and 700 doctoral students.
Each campus has a branch of the university library, the area in use being 32,000 square meters. The total volume reaches 1,530,000 and there are more than 60 database products. It enjoys the richest and most complete Chinese Medicine literary resources in Guangdong. The digital resources are most advanced among national universities of Chinese Medicine.
In more than 40 years, GUCM offers foreign education through various channels and in various forms and has obtained favorable social and economic benefits. Till now, GUCM has offered Chinese Medicine education to over 20,000 students from 110 countries and regions. At present, GUCM has established cooperative relationship with more than 50 countries and regions and signed collaboration agreements with several foreign universities.